- This event has passed.
Long Hall Loppet, Freestyle
March 11 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm
Long Hall Loppet
March 11, Saturday
22 K (and 12.6 K), starting between 9 am and 10 am
Freestyle (timed); Classic tracks will be available.
Celebrate JacksonXC’s long distance ski tradition with a race and tour on the Ellis River, Kellogg and Hall Trails. This is a freestyle race in the New England Nordic Ski Association’s Racing Series and is open as a recreational tour for both classic and skate skiers.
NENSA Part of the Citizen/Zak Cup race for series points
START 9 am – 10 am. You may start later, but see below for when timing ends.
Rolling interval starts (check in with timer when you are ready.)
FINISH Timing ceases at 1 pm. Volunteers will check in finishers until 2 pm.
PRE-REGISTRATION Long Hall Loppet Online Registration (skireg.com)
# PICK UP Touring Center
DAY-OF-RACE REG. Loppet Registration is open online until 5 pm the day before the race. Day of Race Registration TBD
- RACE COURSE
- 22.5K : S/F at southern intersection of Ellis/Riverbank: Ellis, Kellogg, N Hall, (right onto) Maple, S Hall, Bengt (renamed trail, 100% Bengt), (right onto) Ellis to finish.12.6K: Short Course: S/F at southern intersection of Ellis/Riverbank: Ellis, turn LEFT on Keeney, Turn Left onto S Hall, Bengt (renamed trail, 100% Bengt), (right onto) Ellis to finish.
- This is a “late season” race and we ocassionally have to make trail/route adjustments.
- AGE GROUPS: Results will be posted including the following age groups, for both distances.
Age Group Distance: Prizes for fastest M and F in listed categories. Results will be posted for all distances by age group and NENSA will score both distances. BKL (Grade 8 and younger) 12.6K U18 (includes U16) 12.6K U23 (includes U20) 22.5 K SR (23 – 29) 22.5 K Master 1 / M1: 30-34 22.5 K Master 2 / M2: 35-39 22.5 K Master 3 / M3: 40-44 22.5 K Master 4 / M4: 45-49 22.5 K Master 5 / M5: 50-54 22.5 K Master 6 / M6: 55-59 22.5 K Master 7 / M7: 60-64 22.5 K Master 8 / M8: 65-69 12.6 K 22.5 K Master 9 / M9: 70-74 12.6 K 22.5 K Master 10 / M10: 75-79 12.6 K 22.5 K Master 11 / M11: 80-84 12.6 K Master 12 / M12: 85-89 12.6 K
- TOURING OPTION Inform the timer that you want to be checked in and out, but not listed on the results.PRIZES White Mountain Puzzles for the fastest man and woman in the above listed categories; plus fastest overall man and woman overall for each distance.RAFFLE 5 hats will be given out by pre-drawn raffle. Will be in with Goody Bags.
FINISH LINE FOOD Oranges
- All finishers will be listed in the JacksonXC results; you may decide “on course” if you wish to switch distances.