30 K groomed since yesterday; 50 total K groomed this week. Moderate temperatures (mid-20s) – ideal for winter fun. Base depths: 3-6 with some thin spots.
Terrain selection based on your interest include:
- Classic tracks in true packed powder for gentle gliding on the training loop of the Wentworth Resort (on the ‘far side’ of Main St.); and easy classic tracks throughout the Wentworth Loops and on the Windy Hill Loop of the East Pasture network.
- There are tracks for ambitious classic skiers on the North Hall trail (hilly) from Rocky Branch.
- The Ellis River Trail is an excellent tour – better for skaters and tourers with a wider ski because it’s not deep enough for tracks the whole way.
- The Upper Village is primarily skate.
- Dog-friendly Prospect Farm is getting re-groomed this morning (Boggy and Quail). The snow is thin but it’s a good skate platform and give access to higher elevation trails in Carter Notch.