JacksonXC groomed approx. 29 K last night. We are heading into another mild day, great for skiing. The snow is not deep and you need to ski “heads up” looking for thin spots, but there are literally miles (or kilometers) of continuous skiing here on groomed terrain; plus great open-field loops for touring with friends and an outstanding learning terrain. The snow is a condensed, “really packed” powder. It has not “gone granular” on us yet and the skiing is good. It’s not perfect, but it’s good, and there is a lot to choose from.
Terrain selection based on your interest include:
- Classic tracks in packed powder for gentle gliding on the training loop of the Wentworth Resort (on the ‘far side’ of Main St.); and easy classic tracks throughout the Wentworth Loops and the Eagle Fields.
- There are tracks for ambitious classic skiers on the North Hall trail (hilly) from Rocky Branch, plus on the South Hall, with access via Ellis (some tracks), Bengt.
- The Ellis River Trail is an excellent tour with thinning snow – better for skaters and tourers with a wider ski because it’s not deep enough for tracks the whole way.
- The Upper Village is primarily skate (with some classic on Eagle).
- Dog-friendly Prospect Farm was groomed last night (Boggy). The other Prospect trails offer good touring (better with a wider classic ski) and give access to higher elevation trails in Carter Notch.